How can i expect The Witcher 3 to run my laptop with these specs?

HerpeDerpeDerp

Estimable
May 16, 2015
Hi,
I was thinking about pre-ordering The Witcher 3 but after looking at the minimum specs I'm not sure if my laptop will be able to run it (I'm quite sure it can't) although it runs most 'recent' games fine. (Total War: Rome II at highest settings at 1920x1080 for example). I would appreciate it if someone could share his thoughts about whether or not I will be able to run this game at all. It does not have to be at the highest resolution and graphics settings or at much more than 30 fps. I just want to be able to play it at all.

Anyway, here are my specs:
Intel Core i7-4510U @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
8192MB RAM
AMD Radeon R5 M255

I'm pretty sure both my CPU and my GPU will not be able to handle this game but I thought I'll ask here before I give up on this game

The Radeon R5 M255 is about equal to the GeForce GT 630m. See below for benchmarks for The Witcher 2. The Geforce GT 630m only gets 29 FPS in The Witcher when the resolution is set to 720p and low graphics quality is used. The Witcher 3 uses a revised version of the REDengine 3 game engine so expect the game to be a bit more demanding than The Witcher 2.

ZNVKWRe.jpg

Total War: Rome II is not a very graphically demanding game... unlike The Witcher 3.