Solved! How can I find a solution as my Acer Aspire won't go past the acer screen?? It loops continuously.

Solution
Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here...
Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Solution

Danica_2

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

Thank you for offering this solution, I don't seem to be able to get to the repair screen at all and no loading circle appears

Have you powered off the laptop completely and then turned it back on, or only let it keep restarting?

Also, have you tried making sure there is no internet connection at all (no way for the laptop to try and connect) and then restarted it? Sometimes, if due to an update or similar change, the computer can get stuck trying to redownload and install it should it have not gone well. The only way out of that is to start up the computer without it having the ability to access the internet. Then, once it is actually turned on, allow internet access again.

Danica_2

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

Thank you, I have had no luck with any solutions that have worked for others or any suggestions made on this thread.
The laptop has been doing this for days and I've tried taking the battery out and all sorts of other things. There is no access to the internet that the computer can connect to and its has been turned off completely several times every time I've tried a solution posted. Unfortunately it seems it's just not my luck!

Danica_2

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

You and me both. Thank you though, I appreciate your help!

TRENDING THREADS