Question How can I record a phone interview

Ol'Hippie

Great
Mar 29, 2019
I do a 3 hour rock and roll oldies show once a week on our local FM radio station. I mix each show myself using an Alesis mix board hooked to my HP Laptop and Windows 7 pro. Everything is going smoothly and I am getting pretty good at cleaning up my voice overs and so on but I now have a WONDERFUL chance to interview the man who produced the DVD "The Wrecking Crew" about his father Tommy Todesco and the other studio musicians of the early rock & roll days.
My concern is how to set up my system so I can record our interview and use it on my show. I am sure there are lots of high end electronics out there but I can not afford to pay attention let alone build a top end recording studio so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I do my recording and editing in Adobe Audition 3 and have yet to figure out how to record my voice in track 1 and the person I am interviewing in track 2. Skype to Skype call recording may be an option but does it save the recording in MP3 or WAV or something I can insert into Adobe Audition 3?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol'Hippie

Great
Mar 29, 2019
I have been doing a weekly radio show for our local FM radio station, it's a Rock & Roll oldies show I pick the music, introduce songs mix the segments and send them to the station via email or take them in on a thumb drive. They plug it all into the computers there and Fridays from noon to 3 pm my show is on the air!! Whoo HOOoo It is great fun.

The equipment I use is an Alesis mix board connected to my laptop which runs Win7 Pro. I use a Neewer MW-800 Microphone, and Audio-technica headphones. I do all the mixing in Adobe Audition 3. I have been doing my own mixing now for 6 months and am feeling pretty comfortable with it all.

BUT now I have an opportunity to do an interview that needs to be done online like on Skype or over the phone and I am getting overwhelmed watching YouTube videos and reading forums.

Basically I want to record our conversation and save it into Audition so I can clean it up and put it on the air, BUT I need some guidance folks HELP??

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol'Hippie

Great
Mar 29, 2019
I use Adobe Audition 3, I don't record my own music, digitize music from my collection of albums from the 50's 60's and 70's and save it all to my hard drive, then I create 15 minute "segments" that are downloaded to the radio stations computers and they play my show, basically all i do so far is say Hi folks and introduce songs and add in some ditty of information about a concert I went to or a story about a specific artist I have met, that kind of stuff. But this interview thing is a huge opportunity I want it to come out great.

Apr 26, 2019
Maybe you could use Vocaroo. Is a great online tool that you can use to do voice recordings via your browser, and you can download the file in an mp3 format.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Audio 0
M Audio 3
jessitokki Audio 1
rclr Audio 2
kobinath Audio 1
Jmatsumoto Audio 1
tquinnddddddd Audio 1
Drakon_71 Audio 1
alexanderisreallygreat Audio 3
R Audio 2
R Audio 1