Solved! How can I record a phone interview

Ol'Hippie

Prominent
Mar 29, 2019
I do a 3 hour rock and roll oldies show once a week on our local FM radio station. I mix each show myself using an Alesis mix board hooked to my HP Laptop and Windows 7 pro. Everything is going smoothly and I am getting pretty good at cleaning up my voice overs and so on but I now have a WONDERFUL chance to interview the man who produced the DVD "The Wrecking Crew" about his father Tommy Todesco and the other studio musicians of the early rock & roll days.
My concern is how to set up my system so I can record our interview and use it on my show. I am sure there are lots of high end electronics out there but I can not afford to pay attention let alone build a top end recording studio so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I do my recording and editing in Adobe Audition 3 and have yet to figure out how to record my voice in track 1 and the person I am interviewing in track 2. Skype to Skype call recording may be an option but does it save the recording in MP3 or WAV or something I can insert into Adobe Audition 3?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol'Hippie

Prominent
Mar 29, 2019
I use Adobe Audition 3, I don't record my own music, digitize music from my collection of albums from the 50's 60's and 70's and save it all to my hard drive, then I create 15 minute "segments" that are downloaded to the radio stations computers and they play my show, basically all i do so far is say Hi folks and introduce songs and add in some ditty of information about a concert I went to or a story about a specific artist I have met, that kind of stuff. But this interview thing is a huge opportunity I want it to come out great.

Apr 26, 2019
Maybe you could use Vocaroo. Is a great online tool that you can use to do voice recordings via your browser, and you can download the file in an mp3 format.