How can i remotely see text messages and replies on my tech saavy teenagers phone without them knowing or being able to find a

Sep 20, 2018
My teenager is very tech savvy when it comes to his cell phone. I've noticed a drastic change in him lately. I want to read his text messages and replies without him having any idea that Mom is invading his privacy. Is there anyway to do this remotely to monitor his device without having to pay for it? I have an app for his Facebook messages but his text messages are always deleted. I don't want to break his trust but I need to make sure he is safe.

Solution
Even assuming this can be done (neither confirming, nor denying it), what do you hope to achieve?

If you do so, and find nothing.... and your "tech savvy" teen detects this use, you've invaded their privacy/broken their trust.
If you do find something, you'll probably have/want to act on it, right? It would then become apparent you've invaded their privacy/broken trust.

While it might not be easy, open & honest conversations with him regarding your concerns is probably the best route here.

Even assuming this can be done (neither confirming, nor denying it), what do you hope to achieve?

If you do so, and find nothing.... and your "tech savvy" teen detects this use, you've invaded their privacy/broken their trust.
If you do find something, you'll probably have/want to act on it, right? It would then become apparent you've invaded their privacy/broken trust.

While it might not be easy, open & honest conversations with him regarding your concerns is probably the best route here.

Solution

Corwin65

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015

Barty, just had to say GREAT answer.