How can i remove a password without knowing it

thevictoryclub

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
i have just puchased a advent 7113 that has had a password installed but i do not know it (nor doese the seller ) so cannot get past this screen..any help would be appreciated..

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

It's actually against the Forum Rules even to ask for password removal help let alone give advice on it and as de5_roy says. it can't be done. If the seller didn't let you have it cheaply on the basis it didn't work, and If it's a BIOS password take dontqqnub's advice.

If it's only a Windows system password, remove the hard disk, buy another and install a new system. Many Linux systems are free of charge if you can't afford Windows - they're just as good and in many cases, far better anyway.

thevictoryclub

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
thanks for the help and advise chaps..it is a bios password..and yes i did buy it cheap knowing that it had the password on it ,so no returning to seller..the only option i can see is buying a replacement mother board :( ..but then i have to way up if the laptop is worth it ....agian thanks..
Neville

dontqqnub

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

There is a video on youtube, and the guy that made the video will give you a code to reset the bios password, he tells you what to do. You will have to find this video. It worked for my laptop.

I dont feel like getting banned, so no links.