How can i track another user account on my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I can understand Tom's policy here and we need to be careful on what is posted. I am suspicious and to actual reason to track. I am a parent and I will say this with absolute certainty.....I do not need to secretly track my children on the computer. As a matter of fact I let them know I monitor their activity. If the OP is attempting to track a significant other this is something they will need to work out on their own.

neon neophyte

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
im not 100 percent on this but i dont think we can help you with that. toms has strict rules on circumventing security and you have already admitted that you want to "track" a user that is not you.

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
We can help with security issues. Do you want to track him or simply block him from certain sites? My #1 suggestion as always is to be a parent. Which might mean he has to use computer in a "public" area of the house where you can watch him.

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
-you can look at the tracking that the computer does on its own by default if you have physical access and your child does not know how to hide data. (browser history), arp cache that kind of things.
- some routers will provide different logging levels that you can look at.
- you can setup network monitors for portions of the network you own, you just can not use the knowledge to access data off of your own segment.
- you can install software on a machine you own

basically these are legal if you have ownership rights to the machines or physical hardware. The problem is people get carried away and cross a legal line. For example: it is legal to install a keylogger on a machine you own. it would log a username and password, you read the username and password. All of this is legal.
Now, if you were to use the username and password and log into the external account. It would generally be unlawful. (exception: you own the server or had been granted permission by the server owner)

anyway, laws are different all around the world. It is a subject people just avoid here.

JK Williams

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
I can understand Tom's policy here and we need to be careful on what is posted. I am suspicious and to actual reason to track. I am a parent and I will say this with absolute certainty.....I do not need to secretly track my children on the computer. As a matter of fact I let them know I monitor their activity. If the OP is attempting to track a significant other this is something they will need to work out on their own.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.