How can I transfer contacts from an old LG flip phone that went into the pool to a Samsung intensity I already own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2018
My husband’s phone, an old LG flip phone, went into the pool with him. It no longer works. I want to transfer his contacts to a Samsung intensity II we already own but is not being used. How can I do this if the old phone isn’t able to work?

Solution
You can't. The phone needs to be able to turn on to get the data off of it. You can try checking the SIM that was in it (if it had one) to see if it 'may' have saved the contacts on it, but in most cases it wouldn't have unless done intentionally. Or if he had a google account that he sent the contacts to (some older flip phones can do that), then he could get them that way.

Your only other option would be to check the account for that phone (online or on paper) which should list all calls in and out with numbers, dates, times, etc., and sort through that to find who is who. It won't have names though.
You can't. The phone needs to be able to turn on to get the data off of it. You can try checking the SIM that was in it (if it had one) to see if it 'may' have saved the contacts on it, but in most cases it wouldn't have unless done intentionally. Or if he had a google account that he sent the contacts to (some older flip phones can do that), then he could get them that way.

Your only other option would be to check the account for that phone (online or on paper) which should list all calls in and out with numbers, dates, times, etc., and sort through that to find who is who. It won't have names though.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.