How can I watch/listen to my surround sound connected TV with a headphone while my wife listens through the 5.1 system?

Solution
Did you try just plugging headphones into the front panel jack in the receiver? It might shut off the speakers but it's worth a try.
One option is to use an HDMI-ARC audio extractor. It will have an analog audio output that you can use for the bluetooth transmitter and an optical audio out for the receiver. You may not need the optical connection if the extractor passes the audio through its' HDMI out.
Another option is to split the optical audio output of the TV and send it to the receiver and a bluetooth transmitter but I think you would have to set the TV to output in PCM stereo for the transmitter which would only allow for analog surround sound from the receiver.
Did you try just plugging headphones into the front panel jack in the receiver? It might shut off the speakers but it's worth a try.
One option is to use an HDMI-ARC audio extractor. It will have an analog audio output that you can use for the bluetooth transmitter and an optical audio out for the receiver. You may not need the optical connection if the extractor passes the audio through its' HDMI out.
Another option is to split the optical audio output of the TV and send it to the receiver and a bluetooth transmitter but I think you would have to set the TV to output in PCM stereo for the transmitter which would only allow for analog surround sound from the receiver.

Solution