how complicated is building a gaming laptop

Th3Lib3rat0r

Honorable
May 7, 2013
My budget doesnt matter and I possibly want to do water cooling. Is the only way to buy barebone kits and go on from there or what? Ive built a gaming desktop before b. I want like a min guide or, for someone to direct me to a certain way to start on my build Thanks!!

It's far too complicated even to consider doing it. A desktop PC case is more or less an industry standard but not so laptop cases. Your chances of finding a motherboard and case that match with all the ports on the board lining up with holes in the case are worse than winning the lottery.

You're lucky to have a large budget so a ready-made would be best. If such things as barebones laptops exist, I will be very surprised but that would be a way to go. I Googled it and found mainly Forum threads like this one.

Th3Lib3rat0r

Honorable
May 7, 2013

manofchalk

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Whole point of laptops is mobility, why would you want to shackle it down with water-cooling gear?
Might as well just get a desktop if you are.

Anyway, there is no water-cooling gear available for laptops, and as far as I know there isnt any way to build your own laptop.

I Googled for laptop watercooling and found some YouTube content that was probably some chaps beavering in a Batcave somewhere conjuring up strange and curious Heath Robinson gear but I doubt it could be taken very seriously. Manofchalk said it all in agreeing with me - you can't build your own laptop.

Fascinating reading but the only review I read didn't look very encouraging. Follow the links to prices and see what one chap posted. Anyway, I have enough trouble taking other people's laptops apart to fix them.