How did Andriod phone send FB msg w/out action on my part?

tropicaltutu

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
FB messenger did something entirely on it's own. Really! The phone was in my slacks front pocket, with all apps closed except one, while I was walking and watering the lawn. I was using the Tune-In app to listen to a radio station. I always close all apps (except Tune-In in this instance), and turn off the display as soon as I stop using the phone. So the display was off.

I heard an unusual notification sound and pulled it out to see what it was. It was the FB Messenger app, When I clicked it, I saw responses from friends to a Group message I didn't send. Three unrelated friends names were the group name, and I was listed as having created the group just a minute or two earlier. An entry showed I'd sent an audio message to them. I hadn't knowingly done any of that!

Two of the people in the group had responded right away with "what?" -type messages. I replied "I didn't do this. Phone is in my pocket", and described what I'd been doing. I played the audio clip I'd supposedly sent them, and it was three seconds of nothing. I hadn't used FB Messenger since very early that day to respond with just a quick couple of emoji's to a different friend who sent a GIF (I didn't click on it, it had no 'play' button).

Trying to figure it out, I checked my contact lists everywhere to see if the three could've been accidentally selected in a row. On the FB Messenger contact list two of the people are next to each other but the third is a few names further down the list. Everywhere else they're nowhere near each other.

I've been searching online trying to find an explanation with no luck. That was way too many accidental clicks for a "front pocket butt dial." They were baggy loose slacks as well, and nothing else was in the pocket. And.. drawing a graphic on screen is required to unlock it! Anybody have any ideas? Is there some sort of virus that can do this? Oh, and I have McAfee LiveSafe installed and active on the phone.

talentsanjith95

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
Android is a Linux platform .. it doesnt need an anti virus .. it means some one knows/found your fb password and logged in from your or their pc/phone ..
Try changing password .. with a tick mark on log me out of all devices ..

tropicaltutu

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

tropicaltutu

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
As far as someone else having my password, I very seriously doubt it. Why would they then just do this one odd thing and nothing else. If someone had the FB password I think I'd see other things odd on FB itself, or more problems with Messenger. Nothing else has ever gone wrong with anything before or since this weirdness.

Please explain the next entry "And sometimes messanger pop up can also a reason for texts" -- I don't get your meaning. Thank you for your help!!