How do I backup Windows to factory reset my toshiba satellite?

MyPcHatesMe

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
My mother gave me her old laptop bc she "doesn't have the patience to use it." It's a Toshiba Satellite m115-s3094. I know nothing about computer's except how to use it when it's fully functioning. I made a "Repair Disk Windows 7 32-bit" Do I need anything else to factory reset? I don't need anything on the computer. Want to start from scratch bc it definitely has a virus. It freezes for several minutes after any command and now gives error codes and warning of inevitable crash.

Solution
To be honest if you are going to format the drive, or try to clean it completely, that probably won't be enough. While it can help you if you have problems with Windows, or booting issues, it doesn't contain the full ISO file with the full OS.

You would need to create a system image to completely restore the system. However, if the computer has a virus, etc., or you suspect it could, then it would be better to get a copy it elsewhere. Also, if you have your Windows Product Key you can try downloading the OS from here... just put it on disk or USB. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

MyPcHatesMe

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
So the DVD I made that the computer told me to label "Repair Disk Windows 7 32-bit" Should be all I need to wipe it clean and start from scratch? Don't need any personal info from it at all. How do I factory reset? Holding "0" while powering on doesn't work and neither does the function key :/

To be honest if you are going to format the drive, or try to clean it completely, that probably won't be enough. While it can help you if you have problems with Windows, or booting issues, it doesn't contain the full ISO file with the full OS.

You would need to create a system image to completely restore the system. However, if the computer has a virus, etc., or you suspect it could, then it would be better to get a copy it elsewhere. Also, if you have your Windows Product Key you can try downloading the OS from here... just put it on disk or USB. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Solution

TRENDING THREADS