How do I check if I have a 5.1 audio

Omer19965

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014
I have a Samsung home theater system and when I play that YouTube video with the 5.1 surround test it seems that it's not but the speakers are a 5.1 built obliviously...
So how can I check if it's on or whatever ?
Thank you.

You want to stay wiht the optical cable.
Your HT reciever has no way to accept individual speaker 3.5mm jacks.

In the advanced tab you were in, did it not allow you to select 5.1 in that drop down?
Do you have realtek software on your computer? If so that control panel takes control of your windows audio and you need to change the settings in that.

What reviever do you have?
There should be a test funciton in the settings somewhere that will test each individual speaker.

Depending on what modes the reciever has, if you have it in direct mode and the source is only 2.0 then it will not play audio out of the middle and rear speakers.

k1114

Distinguished
Try this: right click the sound icon on the taskbar, go to playback devices. Click speakers, click configure. When you select 5.1 you can click the individual speakers and get a tone to know it's working.

You want to stay wiht the optical cable.
Your HT reciever has no way to accept individual speaker 3.5mm jacks.

In the advanced tab you were in, did it not allow you to select 5.1 in that drop down?
Do you have realtek software on your computer? If so that control panel takes control of your windows audio and you need to change the settings in that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Audio 0
E Audio 1
BertDeDikkerd Audio 10
johnbale Audio 1
S Audio 1
S Audio 3
L Audio 3
B Audio 1
S Audio 1
E Audio 1
C Audio 1