How do I connect a Sony sound bar and Sony sub to a toshiba tv. Also direct tv is also hooked up to tv

Solution
Hmm, you do not connect any HDMI wire in this setup. The HDMI wires go directly to the TV set. The sound bar is connected using a plug which is screwed in the back of the subwoofer.

Do you have sound and picture on your TV?

You need to select TV on your remote sound bar. It is on the top left, first column, second row.
Hello.

Usually, you need to connect an optical wire from the "Optical Digital Audio" output of the TV, to the optical input of the sound bar.
If you tell us your sound bar and TV model, we can tell you exactly what is available, and how to connect it.

Jager44

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

That is not your TV model number, that is your remote control part number. Your toshiba model number is written on the manual or the rear of the TV. It is usually something like "CF27G30"

Also, the speakers connect directly into the rear of the sub, where it is written "speaker". (for SS-MCT100)

Jager44

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

Okay.
You have two methods to then connect your TV to the sound bar.
The simplest is to use an RCA wire (Red and White), and connect to the two white/red plugs in the rear of your TV labelled "Fixed Audio Out"
TO0FDbq.png

Connect this wire to the the Red/White plugs written "TV" on the rear of the SUB. Then power on the sound bar and tv. ^^

Jager44

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

Jager44

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
I think this is the issue. I did all that but the only wire that comes out of the sound bar is a hdmi cable that goes to the sub. I connected all the rest and turned on sub and have no sound. I went through the tv audio menu and couldn't find anything.

Hmm, you do not connect any HDMI wire in this setup. The HDMI wires go directly to the TV set. The sound bar is connected using a plug which is screwed in the back of the subwoofer.

Do you have sound and picture on your TV?

You need to select TV on your remote sound bar. It is on the top left, first column, second row.

Solution

Jager44

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

Glad to hear. ^^

Usually sound bars are next to impossible to find codes for another remote. What is the remote you want to use to control the sound?
I highly suggest using the original remote though.

I hope you enjoy your sound bar. ^^

Jager44

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

Ok, this remote is programmable. I don't know if it will work with the sound bar though, but you can try.

From the tv user manual, page 23, here is the procedure to program the remote.

1)Find the code for your device brand in the remote control device code table on pages 29–35. If more than one code is listed, try each one separately until you find one that works.
The Sony codes you will need to try 40689, 40815, 41058, 41441, 41258, 41622, 41658, 41758, and 41858. Any one of these codes can work with the TV.

2)Next, press a mode select button (choose VCR/PVR ), until the mode select button blinks 3 times.

3) While holding down RECALL, press one of the five-digit device code for your device. (40689, 40815, 41058, 41441, 41258, 41622, 41658, 41758, and 41858.)

If a valid code is entered, the mode select button will blink twice.

If an invalid code is entered, the mode select button will blink one long blink.
4)
Point the remote control at the sound bar and change the volume to test the code.

If the device responds to the remote control, you have entered the correct code.

If the device does not respond to the remote control, repeat steps 3 and 4 using another code.

Hope one of those works!