How do I connect an old Artari with coax Ariel output to an hdmi port ?

Mar 9, 2018
Looking to get my Atari with old pax cable to work on my new tv how would I connect the aerial from Atari to run into the tv as a hdmi ?

Solution
There isn't a converter to go from RF to AV or HDMI. You need a tuner to do that. The reverse does exist but only works the wrong way for you.
If your TV has a F connection for the built in tuner then connect the Atari and turn it on. Then go into the TV menu and select over the air. Run a channel scan. If the TV still handles an analog channel 3 or 4 it will find the Atari.
If that didn't work you could use an old VCR to get an AV output from the Atari. It doesn't need to play tapes. You just need the built in tuner. Try local thrift shops or craigslist. That AV out could be converted to HDMI but if your TV has an AV input use it and don't bother with HDMI.
There isn't a converter to go from RF to AV or HDMI. You need a tuner to do that. The reverse does exist but only works the wrong way for you.
If your TV has a F connection for the built in tuner then connect the Atari and turn it on. Then go into the TV menu and select over the air. Run a channel scan. If the TV still handles an analog channel 3 or 4 it will find the Atari.
If that didn't work you could use an old VCR to get an AV output from the Atari. It doesn't need to play tapes. You just need the built in tuner. Try local thrift shops or craigslist. That AV out could be converted to HDMI but if your TV has an AV input use it and don't bother with HDMI.

Solution