Solved! How do I connect my home theater to my Firestick as an audio output?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2018
Hello! I am not too good with audio devices and understanding them.

So, basically, I have a pretty old Toshiba (40RV52RZ) that has three HDMI connections, none of them are ARC. Is there any way to connect my Samsung HTJ5500 Home Theater (1 HDMI output) connected to HDMI 1 to my Amazon Firestick connected to HDMI 2 ?

Is there such thing as an ARC adapter? Or what cable could I buy (please provide a link)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

Using a Firestick or Chromecast? Or using the built in Apps on the TV? If it passed through the Firestick or Chromecast, you have a high end model. None of the mainstream models have Audio pass through, it's a rare feature you'd think would be more common.

I have both Samsung and LG 65" 4k TVs, The Samsung is even the mid-line curved screen, Neither one does that.
Ideal situation you would plug firestick into Samsung (if it has HDMI inputs) and not to TV.

Option2: Firestick to TV, then Optical TV to Samsung.

Option3: Firestick to TV, then Analog audio (like headphone_out) TV to Samsung AUX/LINE, but u only get stereo this way, no surround.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

Option 2 is not going to give you surround sound either. very few if any TVs have Dolby Digital pass through like that.

The only way to get surround sound from that firestick is to plug it directly into the Home Theater system via HDMI. Which looking at it, it seems to not have an HDMI input.

On my Samsung TV I was able to DD/DTS5.1 via optical, just no bitstream trueHD or any of that nice uncompressed stuff.

Hey with those HT boxes, you are lucky to be able to do anything.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

Using a Firestick or Chromecast? Or using the built in Apps on the TV? If it passed through the Firestick or Chromecast, you have a high end model. None of the mainstream models have Audio pass through, it's a rare feature you'd think would be more common.

I have both Samsung and LG 65" 4k TVs, The Samsung is even the mid-line curved screen, Neither one does that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.