How do i connect my logitech 5.1 sound system to my HP PC

Robert Andrews

Estimable
Feb 10, 2015
I have a Set of Logitech 5.1 Surround sound speakers, there are three audio cables to connect to my computer ( A Black One, A Yellow One, And A Green One). On the back of my motherboard i have six Audio ports. (Blue,Green,Pink,Yellow,Black,White). Im not sure which ports to connect which cables to so that i can have 5.1 surround sound. Thanks for any help :)

nukemaster

Distinguished

This is required for sure. By default it may be set to 2 channel.

It is also important to know that most audio is 2 channels(lots of internet audio. cd/mp3/downloads) only and will just play on the 2 front speakers(this is where options like the above mentioned Stereo x2 come in handy). Most games and movies(DVD/BD/ECT) have surround sound.

HP may also have a Beats audio control panel(I would guess they still use this) to allow some further audio enhancements.

Robert Andrews

Estimable
Feb 10, 2015

I Did this, But im not getting any audio out of either of my rear speakers. do i need to configure something on my pc?

nate714

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
Does your speaker set have different output modes? I know the more expensive sets have direct sound, stereo, stereo x2, etc which would force sound to only come from certain speakers

sixbone

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
You need to tell Windows that you have 5.1 speakers. Go into the control panel, open sound, right click speakers and click configure. Choose the 5.1 setup. (these steps are for Windows 7)

nukemaster

Distinguished

This is required for sure. By default it may be set to 2 channel.

It is also important to know that most audio is 2 channels(lots of internet audio. cd/mp3/downloads) only and will just play on the 2 front speakers(this is where options like the above mentioned Stereo x2 come in handy). Most games and movies(DVD/BD/ECT) have surround sound.

HP may also have a Beats audio control panel(I would guess they still use this) to allow some further audio enhancements.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
coolday70 Audio 2
JonathanDQT Audio 2
X Audio 1
B Audio 5
H Audio 2
L Audio 2
Ausbeancounter Audio 3
C Audio 1
Q Audio 6
M Audio 2
S Audio 4