How Do I Connect Speaker Wire To My PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlushSteak44

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
I'm sort of a noob when it comes to audio equipment, but I was wondering how I connect speakers that use speaker wire to my pc? Like a 3.5 mm jack.

Solution
The amp you link to is less than 10 watts x2 into those speakers so it will be lower than they were designed for.
If you are trying for the lowest price a used integrated amp or stereo receiver will be much more powerful. Try to go for 35-50 watts per channel minimum. Lots of old school audio gear on Craigslist. An old AV receiver without HDMI would work fine too and might be cheaper but make sure to get the remote so you can configure it correctly.
Be aware , you are not going to get decent audio or volume out of those polks with any of those 12v mini amps.
When they come with a dc adapter that only outputs 36w unless the manufacturers have found some way to defy the laws of physics then that is not a 2x20w amplifier.

Don't get me wrong , I have a similar mini amp myself

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010NY6NW6/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1490517317&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=mini+amplifier+bluetooth

Paired with a pair of Boston acoustic soundware mini SATs & a powered sub it does a grand job but itbis going to struggle to drive speakers with 5 inch bass domes.

The amp you link to is less than 10 watts x2 into those speakers so it will be lower than they were designed for.
If you are trying for the lowest price a used integrated amp or stereo receiver will be much more powerful. Try to go for 35-50 watts per channel minimum. Lots of old school audio gear on Craigslist. An old AV receiver without HDMI would work fine too and might be cheaper but make sure to get the remote so you can configure it correctly.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.