How do I connect to my Amazon Firestick TV through my Android device

Jun 3, 2018
Mirroring my Android phone to my Amazon Firestick TV screen. I've enabled wireless mirroring on the Firestick TV but can't figure out how to connect my Android cell phone

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
Oct 15, 2014
newer android versions hide the setting to do it but it is usually still there.

go to the settings app, then wifi, then look for the drop down menu. it'll have "advanced wifi" setting somewhere in there. from there you can find the wifi direct/mirroring settings to turn on. once turned on, it should find and list your amazon stick to connect to. i do find that mirroring introduces a noticeable audio lag when playing media of any type. so be sure your player of choice has the option to adjust audio timing to compensate. my phone i use for this has a 250 ms delay i have to adjust for. yours will vary. good luck

tmwoodard64

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
Here is the guide from Amazon's website. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201453020. Hope it helps

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
Oct 15, 2014
newer android versions hide the setting to do it but it is usually still there.

go to the settings app, then wifi, then look for the drop down menu. it'll have "advanced wifi" setting somewhere in there. from there you can find the wifi direct/mirroring settings to turn on. once turned on, it should find and list your amazon stick to connect to. i do find that mirroring introduces a noticeable audio lag when playing media of any type. so be sure your player of choice has the option to adjust audio timing to compensate. my phone i use for this has a 250 ms delay i have to adjust for. yours will vary. good luck

Jan 19, 2019
I did that but it keeps saying connecting, waiting for other device to accept connection request and my fire stick mirror screen does nothing and it doesnt connect.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
Oct 15, 2014
can you create a new thread to ask your question please. i'm glad you found this answer and tried it already but adding to the thread can confuse the next person to find it when the second conversation starts and heads in a different direction. :)

include info on phone, tv you're trying to connect to and what you're trying to mirror so we can offer the best advice we can

thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
O Streaming Video & TVs 11
G Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 0
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 1