how do i control the volume on my headphones coming out of digital out of my tv

theo53

Estimable
Oct 19, 2014
I have a samsung smart tv (high end) to use my apple tv with headphones i have to plug them in the digital out on the tv the apple does not have an audio out for headphones i don't have an avr hooked up to this tv i get great sound in my headphones but i can't control the volume on the headphones if i turn the sound to zero on tv the headphones are still loud there is a volume control on all headphones that i have tried but it doesn't affect the volume its very loud the other problem is i can't turn off the speakers on my tv it doesn't give me that options i can just turn them to zero which doesn't affect the headphones at all does anyone know how i can control the volume do i need an external device plugged in the digital out on tv that i can plug my phones in other than a receiver ?

Solution
I also have a high end Samsung smart tv and it has a 3.5 audio out jack. When using the samsung remote i can change the volume, but to me the lowest volume (0) is pretty loud for me too. The only way to stop the sound coming from the speakers is to mute, you will only hear the sound from your headphones then.

Hope this helps!

BlueFireZ

Estimable
I also have a high end Samsung smart tv and it has a 3.5 audio out jack. When using the samsung remote i can change the volume, but to me the lowest volume (0) is pretty loud for me too. The only way to stop the sound coming from the speakers is to mute, you will only hear the sound from your headphones then.

Hope this helps!

Solution