how do I find my production date dm4-2165dx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
For Windows OS

Step 1
Restart your computer. When the initial splash screen appears, look for the BIOS or Setup Menu option and note which key you press to enter this menu. Restart your computer once more and press the appropriate key to enter the BIOS. The date displayed in the menu will give you an approximation of the manufacture date.

Step 2
Turn your laptop face down and look for a sticker listing the computer's serial number and other build information. The date of manufacture may be printed on this sticker. If not, take note of the serial number and proceed to the next step.

Step 3
Contact your laptop's manufacturer via the Web or by phone and provide your serial number. A lookup tool on the website or a customer service...

I have all the informations for my Acer, when they put the Windows on the hard disk, when the first user initialize Windows , and even when the laptop is starting and when it is going off, every time. But I don't think you have those informations on your HP.

Blue_Falcon81

Commendable
May 5, 2016

Ok, I guess you win then. I don't remember asking for a comparison, just a simple way of identiflying when my laptop was built. I would assume that by replying to my original question that might give me some help. From your reply I gather that you dont know how to find this out on a HP. So now I'm confused as to why you even replied to my question?

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016
For Windows OS

Step 1
Restart your computer. When the initial splash screen appears, look for the BIOS or Setup Menu option and note which key you press to enter this menu. Restart your computer once more and press the appropriate key to enter the BIOS. The date displayed in the menu will give you an approximation of the manufacture date.

Step 2
Turn your laptop face down and look for a sticker listing the computer's serial number and other build information. The date of manufacture may be printed on this sticker. If not, take note of the serial number and proceed to the next step.

Step 3
Contact your laptop's manufacturer via the Web or by phone and provide your serial number. A lookup tool on the website or a customer service representative on the phone should be able to tell you when your laptop was manufactured.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.