How do i find the hdu on a laptop

Solution
Go to your Windows search bar and type in "device manager". Then go to Disk drives and expand it. It will list the hard drive(s). Write down the description and then Google the results. For example, one of my disk drives shows up as st2000dm001 in device manager. When I Google that device, it shows me the form factor, speed, etc.
Probably, HDU = Hard Drive Unit?

On most laptops (but not on fancy ultra-thin, ultra-sleek notebooks) there are screws on the bottom cover, and these screws have markings on what they support.

If you let us know the exact model of your laptop, and what HDU actually means, someone might be able to help.

jenncary53

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018

jenncary53

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
It is an older ASUS. My daughter is taking it to college and they are asking for it since she is using her own and not theres. It stands for hard drive unit i guess.

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
Go to your Windows search bar and type in "device manager". Then go to Disk drives and expand it. It will list the hard drive(s). Write down the description and then Google the results. For example, one of my disk drives shows up as st2000dm001 in device manager. When I Google that device, it shows me the form factor, speed, etc.

Solution