how do i fix my storage problem?

Jun 26, 2018
So, I just bought a new phone, an its supposed to have 32 gigs. I downloaded some stuff, and I now have 30 gigs for phone storage. and the settings say that there are only 2 gigs that are used. however, when i go to download stuff, it says that there isnt enough room, idk why this is so. help?

Solution
While a phone can come with 32GB total, that is added up before you add in the OS, preinstalled apps, etc. Much of your space will be taken up by that. You should be able to uninstall some of the preinstalled apps to free up some room. Otherwise, I would suggest a SD card for keep files on (videos, photos, etc.) and only keep apps on the device.

To check the usage of the "Internal" storage space tap "Settings" and then "Storage". You should be able to see the break down of what is being used by what.
While a phone can come with 32GB total, that is added up before you add in the OS, preinstalled apps, etc. Much of your space will be taken up by that. You should be able to uninstall some of the preinstalled apps to free up some room. Otherwise, I would suggest a SD card for keep files on (videos, photos, etc.) and only keep apps on the device.

To check the usage of the "Internal" storage space tap "Settings" and then "Storage". You should be able to see the break down of what is being used by what.

Solution