How do I get my android to play mudic through car stereo with usb

Car stereo USB ports are not universal. Consult manual see what it says it can do. Some can only charge, others can read a flash drive but that's it, and all of them have limited codec capability, most likely can MP3, but maybe not WMA or AAC.

I've been doing this for years... trust me when I tell you just play your smartphone through a BT connection. It works, all the time, everywhere, no restriction, nice Android interface with choices of player app, the heck with finicky car stereo.

Car stereo USB ports are not universal. Consult manual see what it says it can do. Some can only charge, others can read a flash drive but that's it, and all of them have limited codec capability, most likely can MP3, but maybe not WMA or AAC.

I've been doing this for years... trust me when I tell you just play your smartphone through a BT connection. It works, all the time, everywhere, no restriction, nice Android interface with choices of player app, the heck with finicky car stereo.

tejayd

Proper
Mar 11, 2018
Agreed. In my truck the USB will work with apple, a USB drive and supposedly with stored music on an android. But I gave up and just hooked up bluetooth before I tried that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rihan65 Audio 1
D Audio 0
pro776 Audio 0
AiapaecGaming Audio 0
seenuvasan Audio 0
tomelks Audio 3
K Audio 1
M Audio 0
B Audio 1
daniel.avital62 Audio 1
A Audio 1