How do I get my headphones to work?

Dec 25, 2018
Everytime I put my headphones in my PC, i get a small static noise which let's me know they are plugged in correctly, but my computer keeps saying that my headphones are not plugged in. This is a new computer and I tried using different headphones too.
I tried disabling the speaker while the headphones are in to see if it works but nothing works. How do I get my computer to recognize that my headphones are plugged in, and put sound through it? When I click on the headphones device, it wont let me configure it

Dec 26, 2018
Hey, I am not sure if your headphone is new or not.

1- if it is new, maybe there is the quality problem for this headphone and please change new one with your seller.

2- if it is the old one, maybe you need to clean the headphones or headphone jack.
maybe the small meshes of the earpieces get blocked by dust and wax and will reduce the sound.

a :Using adhesive putty is one of the most effective ways to clean your headphones and improve headphone sound
b: Another method involves the use of carbon peroxide with the help of a cotton swab.
c: In the case of big-sized headphones, you should go for using compressed air

I was referring to the laptop being brand new, per the original post. :) There would be no need to clean the laptop of anything if it is brand new. Also, messing with anything (hardware) on the laptop would be a bad idea as it would make it unreturnable and void the warranty as well.

Dec 26, 2018

Yes, you are right.

Because it is a fully new laptop and can not recognize the headphones. So it is best to exchange the new one.

But Just now I said that maybe the headphone he used is the problem. If possible, he can use this headphone with another pc or laptop to check it.

If the headphone is OK, then the new laptop is the problem.