how do I get my samsung galaxy s3 to turn the screen on if it is black?

ccntc

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
This morning I woke up and my phone was fine the screen was working and I turned off my phone at 77% to go to school. Then at 4:20 I get home and I try to turn on my phone I only found my screen black but there was still a sound. My phone is cracked on its screen and has been dropped before how do i fix this?

ahmeday2012

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
Go to the nearest computer store or electronic store and ask them if they can fix it for you. Of course they will charge you money.

If you had it on contract, then visit that shop in which you bought the phone and ask them if they can repair it for you. There is a chance they can repair it for you for free.

Hope that helps

ccntc

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
I know that but there is nothing wrong with the phone its self, its just not turning the screen on it just stays black but I can hear the key tone!

ahmeday2012

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

Your phone screen might have cracked or got disconnected internally, anyways it is best to visit them because they will know the problem to your phone.

john060403

Estimable
Aug 26, 2014

Jan 7, 2015

same but i didnt have a cracked screen instead it had a white one and i dropped it b4

xodaisyxo

Estimable
Mar 11, 2015
The same thing happened to me accept I just left it charging instead of turning it off. I first turned on the phone. Do this by holding the power button until the phone vibrates. You will know the phone is completely turned on when you press the power button and the back and menu button light up. What I did was I got angry the phone didn't turn on and I thought If you shake batteries and it works, why not do the same with my phone. Si i took my phone without a case and threw it into my bed and slammed it into my bed and after I did it for 2 times it turned on.

Hope this works for you~ Samsung Buddy

PS: the screen is black because it can't reach the layer below it. Shaking it connects the two layers.