how do I get sound through my speakers using a optical cable (New Sony receiver to Samsung TV) for Netflex?

mickmichael32

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
I have an amazing sound system and would like to get sound through my speakers while watching Netflex. Sony receiver to Samsung smart TV. I've attached a optical cable to each component, but no sound. What setting should it be on TV, Cable, etc..?

Do you get any sound off TV (eg when watching TV)?

If only online media cannot be listened to - this might be on purpose. Check whether your "amazing sound system" is compatible with Netflix by itself, or get the cheapest media / DVD / Chromecast / AmazonTV player with Netflix support.

Do you get any sound off TV (eg when watching TV)?

If only online media cannot be listened to - this might be on purpose. Check whether your "amazing sound system" is compatible with Netflix by itself, or get the cheapest media / DVD / Chromecast / AmazonTV player with Netflix support.

mickmichael32

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016

mickmichael32

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
Yes, but only when my receiver is off and I use the TV speakers. I'm not sure how to proceed. The first suggestion - I do not understand. I do have a Blu-Ray Player hooked to my receiver. So when watching Cable The sound flows through the Sony receiver and speakers. Thank you!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Audio 1
T Audio 4
K Audio 1
D Audio 1
S Audio 10
K Audio 2
C Audio 12
T Audio 1
D Audio 2
HnyBear Audio 1
Y Audio 1