How do i get the most of this setup?

Kristian_1

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015
Hallo everyone :)

First of all, this will be a list of problems, which i think is all related.

Spec:
Laptop Lenovo ThinkPad T430s
Intel core i7 - 3520 2,9GHz
8 GB ram (2,73 avalibel)
32 bit Windows 7
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA NVS 5200M

My monitor:
Asus asus Vg278he
144Hz and 2ms (GTG) tracer-free
Connected to the laptop via Displayport -> HDMI cabel

Problem 1.
I have not been able to choose which grapich card i want to use. I have all drivers updated, and tried using windows sittings and Nvidia sittings to change this. No result.

Problem 2.
When i try to set the Hz via windows sittings, the only option i get it 60 hz - why is this?

Problem 3.
When i play games, my screen flicker. Somtimes it even freezes and i have to close the program to restart for another result.

problem 4.
My laptop is mainly for work and i will not be able to install another copy of windows higher that 32 bit. Is there anyway i can get more out of the RAM without doing so?

I hope someone have some advice for the best usage of the setup.

Thanks!

Solution
The issue may be the external monitor, check your video settings on the laptop screen.
For RAM, if you are stuck with 32 bit you can't use over 4 GB of RAM. Whoever bought it wasted money on the other 4 gig.

Laptop video drivers are only fully supported by the laptop vendor, I would go to Lenovo's support site and get the video drivers there rather than directly from nVidia.
Hi,

For your Problem 1, 2 and 3 please do try these troubleshooting steps.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall NVIDIA graphics card.
- Do the same with Programs and Features, uninstall anything related to NVIDIA graphics driver.
- Download and install the latest graphics card driver.
- Here's the link: http://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Once installed reboot the laptop.
- After the reboot make sure to set NVIDIA as your graphics processor.
- Right click on your desktop and click on NVIDIA Control Panel
- Select Manage 3D Settings under 3D settings.
- Click on the Program Settings tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
- Select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop download list and select High-performance NVIDIA processor.

Here's about 32bit vs 64bit.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows7/taking-the-mystery-out-of-64-bit-windows

The issue may be the external monitor, check your video settings on the laptop screen.
For RAM, if you are stuck with 32 bit you can't use over 4 GB of RAM. Whoever bought it wasted money on the other 4 gig.

Laptop video drivers are only fully supported by the laptop vendor, I would go to Lenovo's support site and get the video drivers there rather than directly from nVidia.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS