How do I get to the file on my hard drive to rnstore back to the factory settings without a recovery disk

jhpjr1

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014
My manual states that the program to recover back to the original settings is on my hard drive and I do not need a disk. I have a T61p 6460-67U thinkpad with Windows 7. When I go through the restore program it tells me to insert a recovery disk. My manual says that I do not need a disk. Its on my hard drive but just don't know how to access it.

Hi, these instructions are from the manual for your laptop :

1. Turn off your computer for at least 5 seconds.

2. Turn on your computer. Watch the display carefully. While the message, “To interrupt normal startup, press the blue ThinkVantage button”
is displayed, press the ThinkVantage button. The Rescue and Recovery workspace opens.

3. Click Restore your system and follow the instructions on the screen.

Did you follow these instructions when you tried to recover?

jhpjr1

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014
Yes I follows those instructions. The problem is that lenovo does not use the Thinkvantage button anymore. It uses what is called 'Lenovo Solution Center' now. This will take you through the same process and when I follow those steps it ask me to insert a recovery disk which is contrary to what is says in the manual. The manual says that I do not need a recovey disk. To restore back to my original settings in on my hard drive. Check the manual to T61p 6460-67U Thinkpad. I call support and they want me to purchase the recovery CDs, when it is already on my hard drive.