how do i hard reset a rca campio w101 v2 2 in 1 tablet. It wont boot all the way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTE: Doing this will clear the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the tablet.

To "Hard Reset" the tablet...

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

4. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

5. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

6. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

7. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.

What does it show on the screen that it is getting stuck at?

Also, have you tried restarting it in "Safe Mode"? If not, try the following...

1. Hold down the "Power" button on your device until the popup to turn it off appears.
2. When you see the menu, tap and "Hold Down" the Power Off option on the screen. A popup should appear.
3. Now tap "OK" to reboot into "Safe Mode".
4. When the phone restarts (If it restarts) it should be in "Safe Mode".

If it loads in safe mode, then there is an app or other software that is interfering with the device loading in regular mode.

If it won't even let you get it to load in "Safe Mode", then it may well be a hardware issue.

phparker10

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

If this didn't work ask Cortina how to "reset to factory settings in Windows 10." She gives awesome instructions AND IT WORKS ON RCA CAMBIA!!!! Phparker10

phparker10

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
Ask Cortina, "Reset to factory settings for Windows 10." She takes you to awesome directions that actually work!!!!! It will even give you the option to save your data. Personally I would reset everything. I've had corrupt files in the past. This does take some time, however it's worth it.

The two instructions I included are for resetting a tablet to its original state. Removing any and all information you have put on it, or trying to enter the tablet in "Safe Mode" to see if you can get in. If so, it means there is/are bad apps/software on the tablet.

What doesn't make sense in this? :)

BTW, Thank you phparker10. I completely spaced that this particular tablet uses Windows.

Devilsspawn

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

Ok so I did everything and got to the screen where it says resetting and it only gets up to 39% and then it goes back to the options. What do I do now?? I did the options again and it continues to stop.

Do you have a USB that has the original Windows software on it (or can you get one) You may be able to reinstall the OS from that.

If not then.... Is the tablet still under warranty? If yes, contact the manufacturer as you don't want to start opening it up yourself. If no, then it sounds like it is time to start looking at the hardware rather than the software.

Katie_23

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Lord, do you know what "Cortina" is? She is the voice thing like "Siri" and "OK Google" On your desk top she's in the lower left corner. Tap the mic beside her and ask her "how to reset to factory settings in Windows 10."

Krismpro

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015

Go to the Notifications image on the bottom right of the screen. Search up, "Factory", and a suggestion with the name, "Start fresh with a clean install of Windows" Will show up. When clicking on it, a page with "Reset this PC" will show up, and click, "Get started". You get to choose which files you want to keep, or you can trash it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.