How do i hook up my fire stick to my projector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbabysmith

Prominent
May 9, 2017
I plugged my firestick directly to the projector which has one slot for snd it said no signal.do i need something else?

Solution
Best bet is to plug the Firestick into a LCD TV or any device with HDMI input, then connect the LCD TV to your projector. I don't think your projector will run the android based OS directly from the stick. There needs to be HDMI input. (not HDMI output)

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
Best bet is to plug the Firestick into a LCD TV or any device with HDMI input, then connect the LCD TV to your projector. I don't think your projector will run the android based OS directly from the stick. There needs to be HDMI input. (not HDMI output)

Solution

.....WHAT????

1) TVs dont have an HDMI output (dont even see old school RCA video output on most) so how exactly do you think you would get a display from TV to Projector

2) The display device in no way influences the sticks ability to run the OS.

@OP The problem is likely that while the TV you have used can provide the 500mw of power to power the stick directly, your projector does not. Thus you will need a micro usb cable and possibly a charger (if projector does not have a USB port).

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
.....WHAT????

1) TVs dont have an HDMI output (dont even see old school RCA video output on most) so how exactly do you think you would get a display from TV to Projector

Nowhere have I said that TV's have HDMI output. I was referring to the projector possibly not having an HDMI input, and making OP aware of the factor.

2) The display device in no way influences the sticks ability to run the OS.

Nor did I say that the display affects the ability to run the OS.

You're too quick to slate somebody else's advice.....it's not a competition.

However I digress....You're indeed correct that OP certainly will need the micro USB to power it. I forgot about that.

While you did not specifically say an HDMI output , the comment specifically states that the OP should connect the TV to the Projector via a video output that is uncommon at best for any TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.