How do I make myself invisible on FB chat (from a PC, not a phone)

eaudryn

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
"Deactivating chat" just makes others invisible to me. It's no help. It also prevents my messages from coming as pop-ups, which is nice, except it still shows to them that I'm "active" so then I get a lot of "why are you ignoring meeeeeee"-type stuff.
I want it to not show that I am online/active (like you used to be able to do!)

Solution
what ever I understood your question here is my views. it is no longer now "_ is online now" text from his profle.You can do one thing that for others to see if you're online or not is through the facebook chat application.

To make yourself appear offline with that click on the black figure in the bottom right corner of your facebook window. Select "Appear Offline" in the dialog that pops up.

philipdev

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
what ever I understood your question here is my views. it is no longer now "_ is online now" text from his profle.You can do one thing that for others to see if you're online or not is through the facebook chat application.

To make yourself appear offline with that click on the black figure in the bottom right corner of your facebook window. Select "Appear Offline" in the dialog that pops up.

Solution