Question How do I perform a flash?

Dec 30, 2021
I have a strong reason to believe my has been hacked as even after trying a hard reset and factory reset my phone still continues to act weird. I want to zero out all of my phone's drive similar to freshly installing windows on a formatted drive, from what I've been told flashing my phone can achieve this but the problem I have idea no to go about doing it, could someone tell me exactly what I need to do in order to flash my drive?

Dec 30, 2021
A factory reset does this (wipes the phone). If you restore previous apps/files from a backup afterward, you could reintroduce an infection.

What make/model phone are you using?
but factory reset does not wipe the recovery partition, I also never backed up anything. The phone I use is a LG aristo 2.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What makes you think that the recovery partition is corrupted? I suppose you could root the phone, but this is not without risk (like a bricked phone).

See here:

Dec 30, 2021
What makes you think that the recovery partition is corrupted? I suppose you could root the phone, but this is not without risk (like a bricked phone).

See here:

Because I've actually done multiple factory resets already but not does my battery still drain faster then should but a scammer even tried contact me the second after a important phone call in which I had to give my full name and date of birth, also aren't flashing and rooting were suppose to be different?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The battery issue could be hardware related.

Scammers contact people every single day. My phone is secure (I can assure you) and I get contacted by these jokers all the time, even my office phone receives them.

Flashing and rooting are largely synonymous (called jailbreaking for iOS devices). It is basically re-writing the phones OS/firmware with another image.

Have you contacted your cellular carrier for assistance with your issues?

Dec 30, 2021
The battery issue could be hardware related.

Scammers contact people every single day. My phone is secure (I can assure you) and I get contacted by these jokers all the time, even my office phone receives them.

Flashing and rooting are largely synonymous (called jailbreaking for iOS devices). It is basically re-writing the phones OS/firmware with another image.

Have you contacted your cellular carrier for assistance with your issues?
I'm sorry the very late reply I haven't gone to my cellular carrier with this issue because in the past whenever I had issue with my phone they told me they couldn't do anything and to just buy another phone. Is there a way to flash a LG aristo 2 without attaching it to a computer because I don't want whatever's malware on my phone to potentially spread to my pc. I'll admit that part of it may by paranoia on my part but that issue is not just that I received a lot scam calls, at one point someone tried to flood my text message with attachments that were about to automatically download, but what's even more strange to me is that the phone calls from the scammers oddly stopped after doing my first hard reset. I don't know if the calls stopping means the hard reset removed something they were using to track my phone and my phone or that they don't have to call me no more because they've already gained access to my device.
Honestly I'd just like some insight what is could be potentially going on because my cell phone carrier surely doesn't have any.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
When you perform a reset, you wipe the phone and start over. So, the risk of carrying over a problem is very small.

However, if you then restore a previous backup, you could reintroduce an issue (via an app, for example, that is compromising your system.

Honestly, I think you are giving scammers too much credit and the calls/messages you are receiving are coincidental and just like the ones I mentioned earlier. I receive them as well on both my personal and professional cell phones and both are VERY secure.