How do I play sound through one headset

LewLews Bagel

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015
I recently hooked my tv up to my laptop and am using the tv as a second monitor but say i play a game and put it on the tv it plays sound through the tv speakers and if i unplug the headset skype will play thought the laptop speakers is there anyways to play the laptop and the tv from my one headset?

Solution
what device is set as the default audio device in your windows sound settings? how about in your skype settings? if you want the headset to be default then select them as the default and sound should only come out the headset while its plugged in (if you have the settings all set to default to the headset).

you can turn off the tv speakers in your menu if that doesnt stop outputting sound via hdmi but it should.
what device is set as the default audio device in your windows sound settings? how about in your skype settings? if you want the headset to be default then select them as the default and sound should only come out the headset while its plugged in (if you have the settings all set to default to the headset).

you can turn off the tv speakers in your menu if that doesnt stop outputting sound via hdmi but it should.

Solution