How do I prevent my friend's friends friends statuses from appearing on my wall without unfriending them?

G

How can do I this?

Example - Let's say I see a post by a person who is a friend of my brother. I know them through my brother, so I do not want to unfriend them, but I do not want to see their status updates - most of which I have no interest in seeing..

Is there some kind of setting that can prevent this? I've tried searching help on Facebook as well as various search engines but I cannot find what I'm looking for.

BuddhaSkoota

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014

Have you tried this:

Top right corner of each post there is a ˅ that allows you to hide posts or unfollow a particular person.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Social Networking 2
B Social Networking 2
T Social Networking 1
A Social Networking 3
W Social Networking 1
J Social Networking 2
K Social Networking 1
O Social Networking 1
C Social Networking 1
J Social Networking 4
J Social Networking 1
tomsguideUS Social Networking 0
viveknayyar007 Social Networking 0
G Social Networking 1
Similar threads
How Facebook Scammed Kids with ‘Friendly Fraud’ Games
Get help from friends
My account has been temporary lock for hours now, I tried the helpful hint of contacting friend but instead after taping the f
Make sure YouTube ads are child-friendly?
So I have a friend who came to Canada from the states. It's happen before and it's happening again, but they are not able to s
I tried th codes and trusted friends codes and still won’t let me in
I can't see my friends events in my notifications
How to log in I forgot my password and my sim expired and my friend never give the recovery code.
Facebook sent me confirmation that codes I got from my 3 trusted friends were accepted. That was yesterday and my account stil
My Facebook account has been locked. I selected three friends on the security and none of those friends received an email. I c
How do I prevent specific individuals from finding me on Facebook, seeing my profile picture listed & coming up?
Prevent Tagged Posts from Appearing on Your Facebook Timeline Using Android
How To Prevent Facebook Friends from Posting Anything on My Timeline With Android
How to Prevent Twitter from Posting Tweets on Facebook
How to Prevent Pinterest from Posting to Your Facebook Timeline
How to Prevent Facebook from Sharing My Location on Android
Prevent Facebook Messenger from Accessing Your Phonebook
How Can I Prevent Unknown Facebook Users from Sending Me Friend Request?
Prevent Orbit Downloader from Automatically Downloading Files from Certain Websites
Preventing Yahoo IM from saving message archive on the other end

ASK THE COMMUNITY