How do I replace backlight on e525

Aha7

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
I've replaced the screen and inverter but still have blank screen. If I shine torch over screen can see something so my guess is the backlight has gone

Shaun o

Distinguished
There are two types of screen used in some laptops.
The first is a LED back light source.
And the second uses a white cold cathode tube arrangement.

If the laptop needs a Inverter then it is the latter of the two.

How ever not all cathode based sealed units run on the same power provided from the motherboard of the laptop. Plus the inverter must be exactly the same as the old one used.

Was the screen an ebay buy ?

Double check from the motherboard to the inverter board. that the pink and white wire are attached to the other end of the inverter board coming from the new screen. The type of inverter matters.

so if it was bought separate from the new screen it could be the problem as the actual voltage it requires is not right for the motherboard supplying it.

The wires not connected, or the wrong type of inverter board power requirements are often the cause of no back light with a cathode back light array.

Shaun o

Distinguished
You have a mismatch of the screen and the type of inverter bought, if you bought them separate from each other. and it did not come as one kit.

And why the back light does not work.
The exact inverter must be bought for the model of laptop. and the correct screen part number or model of the laptop.

If that does not fix the problem, then the physical fault is with the motherboard of the laptop not providing power to the inverter board.

Aha7

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

Aha7

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
It seems that the old inverter is ok but the backlight doesn't work. I can't find how to replace the backlight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Starting to annoy me :-(