How do I reset my router

Nov 14, 2018
I’m sorry... but I’m sooo not tech- savvy!
It’s just... connected to my Lenovo laptop??
I’m not even sure where the effing Router is!?? What does it look like? lol
Sorry... but this is all I’ve got for you ... any help would be Greatly!!! appreciated ;)
I do know that I originally set it up a couple years back -if ya can believe that!! But it’s true! I even took a snapshot of the network security key*...
Can’t find it now of course...
*which is really what I’m actually looking for!
Please help!

Solution
Try looking at the point where the telephone cable enters the property because it's usually plugged into th efirst box in th ecircuit, if there are more than one box.

It's till be a smallish, usually black box with a telephone cable going into it somewhere around the back, along with an electricity supply. The reset button will be in the box somewhere and is usuall red.

Alternatively, press your Windows key and R together then in the Run box, type
cmd /k ipconfig /all
and hit the Enter key, A black Command form show up and the information you need is the Default Gateway.

Take the detail which looks like this or similar 192.168.0.1 and put it in your browser as though it was an Internet address.

You're confronted by a login...
Try looking at the point where the telephone cable enters the property because it's usually plugged into th efirst box in th ecircuit, if there are more than one box.

It's till be a smallish, usually black box with a telephone cable going into it somewhere around the back, along with an electricity supply. The reset button will be in the box somewhere and is usuall red.

Alternatively, press your Windows key and R together then in the Run box, type
cmd /k ipconfig /all
and hit the Enter key, A black Command form show up and the information you need is the Default Gateway.

Take the detail which looks like this or similar 192.168.0.1 and put it in your browser as though it was an Internet address.

You're confronted by a login and password box and if that is printed on the box, you can log in and make changes that suit you.

Solution