how do i restore my camera which i accidently removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtom39

Prominent
May 6, 2017
i accidently removed my samsung g6 camera app from my phone. How can i recover it? That app is far superior to other camera apps out there.

Solution
Unless the phone has been rooted, you should not have been able to actually delete the app. While you could have made it not show on the phone home or other such screens, it should still be in the devices listed apps. Then all you would have to do is readd it to the home or similar screen.

If there was something else done to the device that removed it and or other system apps, then you would have to do a "Hard Reset" of the device to get the original apps back. In doing so the phone would be wiped first, so you would need to save your personal info, photos, music, contacts, etc., first to say a computer.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or...
Unless the phone has been rooted, you should not have been able to actually delete the app. While you could have made it not show on the phone home or other such screens, it should still be in the devices listed apps. Then all you would have to do is readd it to the home or similar screen.

If there was something else done to the device that removed it and or other system apps, then you would have to do a "Hard Reset" of the device to get the original apps back. In doing so the phone would be wiped first, so you would need to save your personal info, photos, music, contacts, etc., first to say a computer.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the phone.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

6. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

7. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

8. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

9. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinstert the SD card.

Solution

dharma.satyam

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
I had removed the app from the home screen, I simply removed shortcut but the icon vanished even from the apps. The camera was still there, I saw it when checking settings for apps, but couldnt access it anywhere. Tried everything to get the app icon back, finally had to do a complete factory reset, but my Android is a 2017 version and you could do it from the settings, it didnt work in the same way old ones were done. Took a while to get my phone working up again and the camera icon was back on homepage and in APPS. Downside I lost all my apps and all my settings, but it asked me if I want to restore old settings and mostly it did. Other apps I had to start from scratch again, sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.