Solved! how do I restore my Macbook Pro to factory settings and a lock figure came up on the screen

May 16, 2018
Trying to reset my Macbook Pro back to factory settings and when I pressed the Command R a lock figurine came up on the screen what do I do?

Solution
Hi there Nevenden04,

I will be happy to assist you in your problem. As we know that you used command+R combination key and a lock type figure appears on your screen. Don't worry it is firmware Password Utility and how to solve it the answer is quite simple just follow the steps descirbed below,

- Reboot the Mac and hold down Command+R to enter recovery mode.

- At the Utilities screen, go to the Utilities menu bar item and choose “Firmware Password Utility”.

- Select to turn the Firmware Password to OFF

If all the steps described above are successful, it will automatically tell you the firmware password is off.
Hoped it helped you and if you are still experiencing any problem then please reply to this thread and I will be happy to...

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Hi there Nevenden04,

I will be happy to assist you in your problem. As we know that you used command+R combination key and a lock type figure appears on your screen. Don't worry it is firmware Password Utility and how to solve it the answer is quite simple just follow the steps descirbed below,

- Reboot the Mac and hold down Command+R to enter recovery mode.

- At the Utilities screen, go to the Utilities menu bar item and choose “Firmware Password Utility”.

- Select to turn the Firmware Password to OFF

If all the steps described above are successful, it will automatically tell you the firmware password is off.
Hoped it helped you and if you are still experiencing any problem then please reply to this thread and I will be happy to assist you,

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

Solution
May 27, 2018