Solved! how do I run laptop in safe mode?

Nov 21, 2018
When I switch on, the screen saver comes on and off and on and off and nothing else. No icons nothing. What can I do?

Solution
Solution 1. Enter Safe Mode and Disable Auto-restart

Step 1. Restart the computer.

Step 2. When the sign-in screen shows, press and hold the Shift key, then click the Power button at the bottom right.

Step 3. Select Restart from the pop-up menu.

Step 4. When the computer restarts and asks you to select an option, click Troubleshoot, then click Advanced options.

Step 5.
Click Startup Settings. If you can’t see it, click See more recovery options first.

Step 6. Press F9 or 9 to select the option Disable automatic restart after failure.

Solution 2. Run Automatic Repair

Step 1. During the startup process, when the Windows logo shows, press and hold the Power button for at...
Nov 7, 2018
Solution 1. Enter Safe Mode and Disable Auto-restart

Step 1. Restart the computer.

Step 2. When the sign-in screen shows, press and hold the Shift key, then click the Power button at the bottom right.

Step 3. Select Restart from the pop-up menu.

Step 4. When the computer restarts and asks you to select an option, click Troubleshoot, then click Advanced options.

Step 5.
Click Startup Settings. If you can’t see it, click See more recovery options first.

Step 6. Press F9 or 9 to select the option Disable automatic restart after failure.

Solution 2. Run Automatic Repair

Step 1. During the startup process, when the Windows logo shows, press and hold the Power button for at least 4 seconds to force the computer to shut down.

Step 2. Repeat Step 1 for 3 times. Then start the computer for the fourth time and wait.

Step 3. When the computer asks you to select an option, repeat Step 4 to Step 5 of the above method, Start from the sign-in screen.

Solution 1 and 2 are the top two easiest fixes for this issue.

Solution
If the previous fixes don;t work, and just in case the OP's Profile has been corrupted, it's worth going back to StartUp options and choosing Command Form. At the prompt, type
net user Administrator /active:yes
Restart and log into the System Administrator's account and rebuild the Profile from there.