How do i set my sd card as default storage in samsung j1 next primo??

FahmidaToqi

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
About default storage.. actually... i cant set my sd card as my internal storage. I want to know the process of seeting sd card as internal storage. My android version is marshmallow.. i tried to formatting my sd card.. but it shows the option formatting sd card as portable storage not internal storage like you had said in one of your posts! Plz hlp me out

Solution
Then it sounds like the manufacturer has restricted that option on that device. It happens.

If that is the case, you won't be able to run apps from it, but you can free up some space by moving things like photos, videos, music, etc., to the SD card.
It is completely possible that the phones manufacturer has restricted this option on your device. It happens a lot, but here is how to try and see if you can make the change.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

FahmidaToqi

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017

FahmidaToqi

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from FahmidaToqi : "Formatting sd card as internal storage in samsung j1 next primo"

I tried to format my sd card.. as you said.. biy in mu phone i dont have that option 'Format as internal storage'.. rather i have the option 'Format as portable storage' and i dont have the three dot also nd 'Erase and format' option too..

Then it sounds like the manufacturer has restricted that option on that device. It happens.

If that is the case, you won't be able to run apps from it, but you can free up some space by moving things like photos, videos, music, etc., to the SD card.

Solution