how do i setup my ohms on my speakers

madmoderz

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
i have a receiver with 6 outputs and 5 speakers being used on it with 2 speakers not being used on b setup. all 5 of them are 8 ohms all in another output please someone tell me how to set them up right

Solution
If your AV receiver has an auto set up mode with a mic then use it.
If not then you will need to do a manual set up.
There will be a speaker set up menu when you will enter that you have three front speakers and surround speakers but no rear surround speakers. If you set a speaker to large it will produce bass so if it's a small speaker it will play louder if it's set to small. Usually the fronts would be set to large if there is no powered subwoofer.
You also have to set the distance each speaker is from your listening position and the level so the volume when the test noise is played is the same.
Best thing is to follow the owners manual of the receiver.
If your AV receiver has an auto set up mode with a mic then use it.
If not then you will need to do a manual set up.
There will be a speaker set up menu when you will enter that you have three front speakers and surround speakers but no rear surround speakers. If you set a speaker to large it will produce bass so if it's a small speaker it will play louder if it's set to small. Usually the fronts would be set to large if there is no powered subwoofer.
You also have to set the distance each speaker is from your listening position and the level so the volume when the test noise is played is the same.
Best thing is to follow the owners manual of the receiver.

Solution