How do I solve the high CPU usage that is being used by McAfee Management Service Host?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5jb0n9

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
My laptop CPU usage is being used to the max, thanks to a process from McAfee Management Service Host.

At this point of time, I'm unable to do anything or even touch anything on my laptop. The cursor even lags!

What can I do? Uninstall my still ongoing subscription with McAfee and get something free like other av?

Solution
Also check that your McAfee install is up-to-date.

May be some bug in the current installation or the installation was corrupted.

Worth a reinstall attempt I think.

Plus you can check McAfee's FAQs and Forums. See if anyone else is having similar problems.

kasiourasg

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah you can always go for another security program. I would recommend MalwareFox as it consumes zero system resources. At least as long as it's not scanning for malware.

Do keep in mind that this is an Anti-Malware and not an Antivirus.

Also check that your McAfee install is up-to-date.

May be some bug in the current installation or the installation was corrupted.

Worth a reinstall attempt I think.

Plus you can check McAfee's FAQs and Forums. See if anyone else is having similar problems.

Solution

McAfee isn't the greatest , I'd remove it and install ZEMANA Anti-malware.

Zemana AntiMalware
https://shop.zemana.com/order/checkout.php?PRODS=4655525&QTY=1&OPTIONS4655525=ZAM%201-PC%20%2F%201%20Year&CART=1&CARD=1&SHORT_FORM=1&ORDERSTYLE=nLWonpXPjLg%3D&COUPON=Antivirus4you50&AFFILIATE=2988&__c=1
$12.47 1PC \ 1 YEAR

5jb0n9

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017

So that means it's not as powerful as McAfee then? Since it's only search for malware and not system virus?

kasiourasg

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017

Oh no you misunderstood. It means that it's different. The two of them are focused on their own field of expertise which means that they kinda remove different types of malware. Watch this video to get a better idea of what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.