How do i switch from Intel HD Graphics to My AMD RADEON R7 M270 Dedicated graphics on my Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevolutionzGamerz

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015
I want to change my graphics from Intel HD to AMD Radeon R7 M270 on my laptop. It has both graphics integrated on the laptop.

Whenever I play games, Such as Rainbow 6 Siege beta or Battlefield 4, Intel graphics is used... But i want to use the AMD Graphics.

I have 8 GB of RAM,4 processors (2 hard and 2 soft)

Solution
Try downloading and running HWMonitor, it will show actual utilisation. I suspect it doesn't switch over until the gpu load goes up, i.e your actually playing the game and not at the game menu

RevolutionzGamerz

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015

Iam sure, when i start the game and head over to display/visual it tells which graphics iam using. Yes i do use power supply when i game.

RevolutionzGamerz

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015

Iam sure that it doesnt change,the GPU loads up directly when I start playing/even start the laptop,Both are ready to be used.

TheCollector

Estimable
Nov 8, 2015
I think I have same issue. I want to confirm my laptop is using AMD graphics. When running HWMonitor and running a game, I could not see AMD anywhere on HWMonitor. but I noticed that Intel HD was running at 0%, so I'm still not sure what I am using.

pete85

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015
im on the same boat too, i have a toshiba i5 core laptop with AMD RADEON R7 M260 and INTEL HD 5200 card with Windows 10 and my graphics card is always set to intel HD 5200. I need the better graphics card when using my 3D sketch up modelling software. Any permanent solutions guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.