How do I transfer texts on a SIM to my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gelynch52ph

Commendable
May 18, 2016
I have a Samsung DUOS with Android 4.4.4 and I would like to save the text messages from a stalker to my PC and delete them from the SIM which is running out of memory.

Solution
They aren't on the SIM card but stored in databases in the protected section of the file system.

I'm not certain they could be opened on a PC but I am sure a Windows system wouldn't be up to it.

You would have to start by rooting the phone. If you're up to that, post back and in the meantime, I'll fish around and find where they're actually filed and what would be neceesary to read them..

Rooting is fairly simple. Download a programme named KingoRoot on to your Windows PC and connect the phone by USB. Kingo will guide you through the rest.
They aren't on the SIM card but stored in databases in the protected section of the file system.

I'm not certain they could be opened on a PC but I am sure a Windows system wouldn't be up to it.

You would have to start by rooting the phone. If you're up to that, post back and in the meantime, I'll fish around and find where they're actually filed and what would be neceesary to read them..

Rooting is fairly simple. Download a programme named KingoRoot on to your Windows PC and connect the phone by USB. Kingo will guide you through the rest.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.