Solved! How do I uninstall BitDefender Total Secuirty? BitDefender want money to do it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baranthus

Estimable
Apr 27, 2014
I bought BitDefender Total Security 2019 3 days ago.

I installed it but when I went to run it, nothing happened. I tried to uninstall it from the Control Panel with the intention of reinstalling - "just a hiccup" I thought. STUPID STUPID ME.

I emailed customer services and, taking them as stand-up people, they asked me to create log files and system logs blah blah of my PC. I thought this was strange - this antivirus was voted best by Tom's Guide, so you'd assume the company would know stuff.

Well, they don't. Or they don't want to share how to install. Because now they want REMOTE ACCESS OF MY PC AND TO PAY THEM MONEY TO REMOVE IT.

Then I read the comments and see that they have done this to many other people.

Does anyone know how to remove this software and can you recommend a solid, easy to run/maintain AV with good and HONEST support?

Solution
I worked for them as a tech support. You have to uninstall it with the uninstall tool on their website. If it gives you an error you have to contact them so they can send you the support tool so they can respond with a solution in a month. They didn't asked you for money, they promoted a service called Install&Setup because they are FORCED to do it otherwise they will take money from their salary. If everything fails just try to threaten them with BBB and other stuff. They mobilise really quickly when you bring that stuff up. Also if you want to talk with a supervisor just tell them that you will sue them if he will not make the connection with the supervisor. The supervisor is 1 desk away from him but he will tell you that he is busy...
Dec 14, 2018
I worked for them as a tech support. You have to uninstall it with the uninstall tool on their website. If it gives you an error you have to contact them so they can send you the support tool so they can respond with a solution in a month. They didn't asked you for money, they promoted a service called Install&Setup because they are FORCED to do it otherwise they will take money from their salary. If everything fails just try to threaten them with BBB and other stuff. They mobilise really quickly when you bring that stuff up. Also if you want to talk with a supervisor just tell them that you will sue them if he will not make the connection with the supervisor. The supervisor is 1 desk away from him but he will tell you that he is busy. HE IS NOT. Also ask for a compensation otherwise you will sue them. They are able to give you a partial refund for the trouble or at least an extension to your subscription
. Again just threaten them.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.