Solved! How do i unlock Note 10plus from at&t still in contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2019
My younger brother of 16 years was just lured into buying Note plus for 700$. Turns out the phone is locked to at&t while the seller told him its unlocked and a paid off phone. We tried contacting authorities but they said they can't do anything. We contacted at&t and they said they can't do anything. I don't usually do this so who knows how to get phone unlocked from a 3rd party. We can't sell it as we refuse to scam someone. At least he wants to use it on his network. Thanks for all.

Solution
My younger brother of 16 years was just lured into buying Note plus for 700$. Turns out the phone is locked to at&t while the seller told him its unlocked and a paid off phone. We tried contacting authorities but they said they can't do anything. We contacted at&t and they said they can't do anything. I don't usually do this so who knows how to get phone unlocked from a 3rd party. We can't sell it as we refuse to scam someone. At least he wants to use it on his network. Thanks for all.

Even if the phone is locked to AT&T but it's not locked to a specific account, you can just sell it for AT&T service. Nothing is stopping you from selling it as it is, just don't say it's unlocked, say it's for AT&T. Check with your parents...

rgd1101

Don't
not much you can do. is a lock phone.
could it be stolen? contact at&t

read this on unlocking

Even if the phone is locked to AT&T but it's not locked to a specific account, you can just sell it for AT&T service. Nothing is stopping you from selling it as it is, just don't say it's unlocked, say it's for AT&T. Check with your parents also about what can be done. If this was an online seller, you can dispute charges with credit card company or PayPal, or whatever was done. For some local cash sale, that is a lot harder if the seller ignores you to get the money back. Also the fact that this thing was in a contract will cause issues with the carrier.

You can open a case in small claims court.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.