how do make all my speakers work on my LOGITECH Z506 5.1 PC Speakers

Solution
check your connections..
green to green
orange to orange
black to black.

all speakers should plug into the back of the subwoofer to the right ports which should be color coded i believe as well or labeled with two digit abbreviations. from the one speaker a triple line should go to pc with the three colors and connect up to the appropriate jacks.

assuming you have things connected right, go into playback devices and check that you have 5.1 selected (if you have two options.. you want the one with rear speakers not side speakers). do a speaker test. a test tone should play out of all 6 channels. if that does not happen then please do say so.

most content on the web is 2.0 stereo. this includes most movies, youtube, online games and...
check your connections..
green to green
orange to orange
black to black.

all speakers should plug into the back of the subwoofer to the right ports which should be color coded i believe as well or labeled with two digit abbreviations. from the one speaker a triple line should go to pc with the three colors and connect up to the appropriate jacks.

assuming you have things connected right, go into playback devices and check that you have 5.1 selected (if you have two options.. you want the one with rear speakers not side speakers). do a speaker test. a test tone should play out of all 6 channels. if that does not happen then please do say so.

most content on the web is 2.0 stereo. this includes most movies, youtube, online games and similar. some movies are 2.0 stereo. make sure the source you are trying to get 5.1 sound from is actually recorded in 5.1. now, on realtech onboard audio i know there is a feature to upmix or extend stereo audio across all speakers but i'm not sure this is a feature on all motherboards and soundcards. this can be used to push stereo sound out on all speakers for more volume but would need to be enabled/disabled every time you want to use the feature.

if you are quite certain you have 5.1 content, it could be in your settings you do not have 5.1 enabled. check your audio settings in game or your playback options if using a media player.

Solution