How do you change the opening background page on acer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stealthinator

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Google how to change the login screen background. It involves registry tweaking, so I wouldn't mess around with that unless you are completely sure of what you are doing.

If you mean desktop background, right-click and go to Properties/Personalise (Depending on the OS you're using). Go into desktop background settings and select whichever picture you want as your background.

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
There are tools that change the login screen background for you but the problem is every 2-3 windows updates will revert that registry entry back to default. Because of that I think he is probably talking about the wallpaper.

Unless.. are you talking about a plain black or white screen immediately after hitting the power button to boot the system that says acer? That would be your BIOS. That cannot be changed.

marlo1234

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013

I did that like this: you go to My Computer, then open Local Disk C, the open WINDOWS, then

open Web, then open Wallpaper. In this last folder i found the Acer picture, i replace it with

mine but with the same name so the computer could recognize it. Try that.

marlo1234

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013

-What do you mean Stealthinator, in simple English - sorry i don't understand what is "to bump" -and i don't know if that message was for me.

May 29, 2018
No one mentioned this fix: Click the Settings tile in Start (or under Apps) and select PC and devices. This will bring up the Lock screen page where you can change the picture from pre-selected options or browse your computer for a personal choice.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Since the original post was from 2013, it is highly unlikely that this is Win 10 or "tiles".

Status
Not open for further replies.