How do you play sound simultaneously through speakers and headphones on Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiohelp44

Commendable
Jan 6, 2018
I want to be able to have audio play from my speakers and headset at the same time.
bg0dOSC.png

If you test them in the sound panel one at a time, they will both play sound. However, if you go to watch a video on YouTube, only the default device plays sound. Any ideas on how to get them to play sound together?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

Are you using a laptop or a desktop with a dedicated soundcard or on-board soundcard?

If you're using a laptop or...

audiohelp44

Commendable
Jan 6, 2018
I don't think that is what I want..? (Since my headphones are also usb)

Both the speakers and headset are plugged in. (Headset = Usb, Speakers = Headphone audio jack)

Say I was watching a movie with my headset on. It would all work fine like usual. Then say someone comes and I want them to hear a part of the movie. Instead of navigating all the way to sound - and enable the speakers as default device, I just want to be able to turn my speakers on and they work.

They will both work like that only if you test them separately in the sound panel. (You don't have to change it to default device for them both to play sound.) But then once you go to anything else in this case youtube, only the default device plays sound.

I want to be able to listen to sound with my headphones on and also play it through my speakers.

Victor_3

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015
Set your speakers as main audio output. Enable Stereo Mix. Set Stereo Mix as default recording device. Go to Stereo Mix options and choose "Listen to this device" and set your Headset

Reactions: Exstra

audiohelp44

Commendable
Jan 6, 2018
With what @Victor_3 said I saw that just about everywhere. The only issue with that is I don't have stereo mix (https://i.imgur.com/AmY3RqW.png) and I don't know how to get it, if that's even possible. Also I did show disabled and disconnected devices.

@Teddynation do you know if Audio Router could play the same sound instead of 2 different sounds?

Side note: This worked by default on Windows 7 I believe. Since on Windows 7 I was able to have both my headphones playing sound and my speakers. With Windows 10 though I just haven't been able to get it to work.

Victor_3

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015

Are you using a laptop or a desktop with a dedicated soundcard or on-board soundcard?

If you're using a laptop or on-board soundcard, usually it's Realtek so make sure to have everything updated
http://www.realtek.com/downloads/do...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

There was a time when I wanted also to do the same thing you're doing and I used a program called Virtual Audio Cable where I could choose anything to play from that I wanted. But, I later found out that using stereo mix was easier but didn't appear on my devices too.

Then, I installed the drivers from that link (and I'm being honest, can't remember if it showed up with the more recent update or I had to install old drivers) and finally the stereo mix showed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

audiohelp44

Commendable
Jan 6, 2018
Ok cool, yeah that link to the update Realtek did make stereo mix pop up as an option. I was able then able to have my headset listen to the device. Thanks you everyone for the help and suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.